Last update: January 12, 2016
At Souris Mini, we value and respect our customers. We understand your concerns about protecting your privacy and the questions raised about the circulation of your personal information.
Personal Information Collected
You can shop at our stores, browse through our website or call our customer service without having to disclose any personal information whatsoever.
However, we may collect your personal information in the following cases:
- When you purchase, make orders, returns or exchanges
- When creating a Souris Mini account
- When you subscribe to our mailing list (newsletter)
- When entering for our various contests and promotions, in store or online
- When you participate in our surveys
- When you submit a job application
- When you send a comment or question to customer service by email or when you call our customer service directly
The personal information we may collect during these situations is:
- Your name
- Your choice of language of communication
- Your email address
- Your mailing address
- Your billing address
- Your shipping address
- Your phone number at home and/or at office
- Your credit card number only when a refund or an exchange
When using a debit or credit card to make a purchase in stores or through our website, no information related to your credit card is collected except for your signature (in store only). Your payment is processed and administered by Desjardins banking solutions through their POS terminal (in store) or directly on their secure website for your online purchases.
Use of Personal Information Collected
Unless otherwise stated herein, we promise not to disclose, rent, sell or assign personal information about our customers to third parties or share with third parties, without first obtaining the consent of the customer.
However, we may use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To process and fill your order, including sending you emails to confirm the status, payment and shipping of your order.
- To process returns or exchanges of merchandise.
- To manage contests, loyalty programs and other programs and promotions in which you participate.
- To improve your shopping experience.
- To learn about your shopping preferences.
- To understand your tastes and purchase history in order to develop offers and promotions for you.
- In internal business purposes, such as analyzing trends and statistics, for verification purposes and in order to create new products, enhance our website, improve our services, identify needs and determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- To protect the security and integrity of our website and our company.
- To prevent and detect suspicious or fraudulent activities and transactions, or that violate our conditions of use or to investigate activities and transactions.
- To contact you and send you information by email, mail, phone, text message or other means about our products, our services, contests and promotions, unless you have indicated to us your refusal to receive promotional communications concerning your transactions, changes to our conditions and policies and/or other administrative purposes.
We share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Service providers: We may disclose your personal information to third parties that manage information about customers and perform tasks on our behalf such as hosting our website, managing promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, processing credit cards, managing your requests, helping us collect a debt you owe us, helping prevent against fraudulent or questionable activities and operations and their detection and investigation. We require our service providers to adequately protect personal information, and they are not allowed to use or disclose personal information for purposes other than providing services on our behalf or as is otherwise required by applicable law.
- Business transactions: In the unlikely event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, cession, transfer or other reconstruction (including in the framework of a bankruptcy or insolvency or similar proceedings) of all or part of the company, assets or stocks, personal information about our customers and other data collected as described in this policy is part of the assets transferred and can be shared with other parties.
- Obligations under the law: Our service providers and us will be forced to disclose your personal information as part of a search warrant or a valid inquiry or order prescribed by law or to respond to an investigation agency in the case of a breach of contract or breach of any law, or otherwise under any applicable law, in order: 1) to protect the legal rights, privacy and security of our company or our employees, our agents and our contractors, 2) to protect the safety of our website visitors or other properties, 3) to protect against fraud or other illegal activity or to manage risk, 4) to respond to inquiries and other demands from governments or public authorities, 5) to allow us to pursue available recourse or limit the damages we may sustain; 6) to enforce our conditions of use or those applicable to any contest, any promotion or any program or 7) to comply with laws or any legal proceedings.
Use of Non-personal Information Collected, such as IP Address, Cookies, Web beacons and Other Similar Technologies
Non-personal information is that which does not identify you. It includes information such as geographic and demographic data, for example, gender, date of birth, place of residence and personal preferences. It also includes aggregate data, such as the use of personal information to calculate the percentage of customers who like a particular piece of clothing.
When you visit our website, we collect data that may include your computer type, the resolution of your screen, the Internet browser you use, the operating system, time spent on the website, usage habits of the website, the domain name of the website from which you linked to our website, the IP address (as described below), the cookies (as described below), web beacons and similar technologies (as described below). We collect this information to help us evaluate your experience of our website to better serve you and provide you with personalized information as well as to improve and facilitate your use of our website.
We may use non-personal information and share it with third parties for any purpose whatsoever and also combine non-personal information with personal information but if we do, we will treat it as personal information as long as it is combined.
- The IP address: It is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider. This number is automatically entered in the server log files whenever you visit our website, as well as the time of your visit and the pages you have visited. It is also collected by web beacons, as described below. Collecting IP addresses is a commonplace practice on the Internet and is done by many websites.
We use IP addresses for purposes related to the use of personal information, as well as to calculate the levels of use of websites, to diagnose server problems, to manage our website and your use of it, including promotional offers to you, to answer your questions and to help you make your purchases. Except as required by law, we treat IP addresses, log files and data on servers as non-personal information.
- Web beacons and other similar technologies: We use "web beacons" (also called "web bugs" or "tracking tags" or "page tags"), which are tiny graphic images, and other similar technologies on our website and in our emails. Web beacons help us analyze the behavior of our online customers and measure the effectiveness of our website and our advertising. We work with service providers who help us collect and analyze data and for monitoring. Web beacons are used on our website to collect data about your visit, including pages visited, applications used, the links used and other actions on our site. This data may include your browser type, operating system, information concerning the date and time and other technical data about your computer. We may also track certain information on the website you have entered just before joining our website. Web beacons and cookies in our emails can be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive or open one of our emails or click on a link in one of the files.
We may combine information collected through web beacons and cookies with other information you have provided us. We may use this information to improve our website, customize your online experience, customize communications we send you, determine the effectiveness of our advertising, understand your preferences and other internal business purposes.
Security of Personal Information
We do our best to provide you an online experience that is safe and convenient. We recognize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We have put in place measures to protect personal information that we possess and control. Therefore, we only allow access to personal information to those of our employees and our authorized service providers who need the information for the purposes described in this commitment to privacy. We have taken appropriate administrative, technical and physical measures to reasonably guard against access, use, modification and unauthorized disclosure. When you enter your information, the website of Souris-Mini uses secure information transmission technology SSL «Secure Socket Layers», making the transaction highly secure. When making an online payment, you may verify if you are in secure mode by the URL link (web address) begins with «https://» rather than «http://».
In order to offer an increased level of security, online access to certain personal information may be protected by the password you choose. We strongly recommend that you not disclose your password to anyone. Souris Mini will never ask for your password in an unsolicited communication.
Notwithstanding the aforementioned, you should know that, unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered absolutely safe. Therefore, it is impossible for us to guarantee 100% secure data transmission over the Internet. Souris Mini does not declare or guarantee that personal information will not be lost, misused or modified, and assumes no responsibility for personal information that you transmit, or with regards to the use or misuse of personal information by you or third parties. If you have reason to believe that your communication with us is no longer secure, you must inform us immediately of the problem by contacting us using the procedure described in the "Contact Us" section below. If you notify us by mail, resolving the problem will be delayed.
Here are some recommendations to make your online shopping secure:
- If using a public computer, always close your session when finished.
- Don't share passwords. Remember that anyone who knows your password can access your personal information.
- When you create a password, use at least eight (8) characters and choose a combination of letters and numbers. Don't use words from a dictionary, your name, email address or other personal information that can be easily obtained. We also recommend changing your password often.
- Use a different password for each of your online accounts.
- Be suspicious of emails and unsolicited telephone calls.
In addition, if you receive a suspicious email with a link to update your account information, don't click on this link. If a stranger contacts you, sends you an unsolicited email or asks you to confirm or provide your password or your personal information, ignore the request and contact us immediately.
We keep your personal information for the time required to achieve the objectives mentioned in this commitment to privacy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Links to Other Websites
Access or Change My Personal Information
Our website contains a feature that allows you to set up a Souris Mini account. You need to log into your account to access your personal information and modify it.
You can also subscribe to our mailing list (newsletter) on our website, at our stores or when you participate in a sweepstakes or contest. Please note that every time we send you an email, we give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from our mailing list, so you can stop receiving emails at any time.
We will only communicate with you if you want us to. If you no longer wish to receive information of a promotional nature, such as about special offers and sales, you may notify us by contacting us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the refusal to participate instructions provided in the promotional email you received.
When you proceed by email, be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you made your registration. If you request that we remove your name and your email address from our mailing list, we will keep your name in a file of names excluded in order to meet your request. Processing your email request takes about 10 working days and your request by mail takes about 3-4 weeks; during this period, you may continue to receive communications from us. We would appreciate your patience and your understanding in giving us the time to process your request.
If you change your mind, you can start receiving our promotional communications again by subscribing to the mailing list on our website, at our stores or when you participate in a sweepstakes or contest.
If you have not reached the age of majority, you can browse our website, but you cannot make purchases unless you have permission from a parent or guardian before providing us with personal information.
Children under 13 cannot become a registered user, or use a service that asks to supply personal information. We don't collect or retain personal information from children under the age of 13. If you register anyway and we find out that you are under 13 years old, we will remove your registration information and send you an email message alerting you. If you are under 13 and want to make a purchase, please ask a parent or guardian to place the order for you.
We urge parents and guardians to take part in online activities with their children and use parental control or other web filtering technology to monitor children's access to the Internet.
Changes to Our Commitment to Privacy